Thursday, October 23, 2014

Loss of a son

I have been having trouble finding the appropriate words today. I started this blog with feelings of happiness and excitement. I received some pictures from Dale at PET Autobody where Fillmore is getting his face lift. They have masked out some of the interior getting ready for painting the dash and sash and I was thinking along the lines of a lone ranger theme, a "Who was that masked man?".
Given the events of the last 36 hours, it seemed inappropriate to celebrate the appearance of a masked avenger.
My heart goes out to the family of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo who lost his life while guarding Canada's war memorial.  A tragic and senseless loss at the hands of one of our own...
(Bruce MacKinnon/Halifax Chronicle Herald)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...