Thursday, June 28, 2018

Blow Out!

Now that we are through the golf of June, it was time to get things fixed for the next adventure for Fillmore. Grad 2018. Yes Anna is graduating from high school, and to my delight she has asked me to act as their limo driver for her and a bunch of buds going to and fro for pictures and the dinner and such.
When we were in Manitoba and the destination window blew in, the mess was mostly contained within the cabinet above the drivers head. Although some pieces blew in, it was mostly help in the cabinet space awaiting for me to take everything apart for clean up.

The nice thing was....I have done this tear apart numerous times, so it was relatively easy and fast in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks to a wonderful suggestion from Chris Kruse, I sourced out some plexi-glass for (at minimum) a temporary fix. The lass was .2mm thinner than the plexi-glass, but there was wiggle room in the rubber seal.

The big site boss gave her seal of approval, it wasn't a vivacious endorsement but given that I really didn't have to twist her arm to come check out the final product speaks volumes.

With Grad looming around the corner, I didn't want to start to tear things apart. So it's status quo until this next milestone is finished. Having said that a guy has to enjoy the creature comforts of his workspace.

I wasn't tearing apart but there was no reason why I can't continue to build. The under counter medicine cabinet is on the agenda.
With the cutest little drawer pulls! These things are 6" deep!!
All the while Jeff is working on replacing the brake calipers on the 240Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...