Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Crib Cabinet

Back in mid December when all we had to worry about was frost bite I started working on a cabinet in the area for what I now affectionately call the cribbage crib( my play on the traditional 'dinette') but alas I am getting ahead of myself and will have to let that story play out.
The forward cabinet, or the crib cabinet,  is a custom cabinet that grabs some unused space behind the drivers seat and is built overtop of the forward wheel well.

Needless to say in the upside down position it looks, frankly, like a hot mess

But in the upright position the workings of the cabinet were smooth as silk.

The bottom drawer was a little easier to create, and I used, as an opportunistic experiment, some premade side walls


Fabricating drawer fronts is always a challenge but these turned out well and I was happy with them
Of course, there is still so much 'body work' to be done.












While life is not all playing in the workshop, Anna and I took time (albeit before COVID-19) to donate blood, it was Annas first time and as a long time donor and Dad.....I was very proud and honored to be with her!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...