Sunday, March 6, 2011

What a weekend!

So I don't have much to report on the bus front. Frankly I only managed a couple of hours on Sunday afternoon. I took off with the boys and went skiing at Fernie for Friday and Saturday. Then I travelled up to Golden B.C. to join the family for a night. This morning I got up early to bring Anna back to a dance commitment while the rest of the family skied another day. That was just fine with me...my legs were DONE after two days of hard powder skiing.


When I got back to Bragg, I poked around for a bit around the house. Then decided I should get outside and do something productive.


Being that I had been gone for a few days I decided that I needed to clear the driveway. Unfortunately it has been so cold, I needed to pull the blower into the garage and put a heater on it.

Soooooo, I took the opportunity to make a wee bit of progress. Small steps but every little bit helps along.
I know that I will need to fabricate a new engine mount/cradle. The old frame from the donor vehicle was 1/4" rectangular steel...perfect!!

I cut off a piece a little wider than what I will need, but it will allow me to jiggle the engine around to it's final resting place....hmm that doesn't sound all that good.

Anyway, just a simple spot weld for now. My plan is once I get the final measurements etc I will remove it, cut it to size, weld, sandblast and paint!....Huh!, nothing to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...