Sunday, March 13, 2011

Beautiful spring Day!

So now that the engine is in 'dry dock' we decided that there is really nothing more that can be done until I have a chat with my machine shop about the drive shaft. That is now the deal breaker. If they can make me a drive shaft as short as I need then we are golden....if not then I have some crazy ass stuff to do...which may include pushing the engine back even further(which means I have to violate the rear door)....or changing the transmission to a shorter one, and I don't even know if that is an option yet.
Stay tuned.


In the mean time there are plenty of other things to be done. For those who don't know, the bus has two fuel tanks, one of mine was in pretty rough shape so I had to pull it and have it reconditioned. So today we put it back into place! You know spring is close in Canada when you can handle the nuts and bolts without gloves!.....and when you hold them in your mouth they don't instantly freeze to your lips!....don't ask.

The other job Ron and I tackled was starting to plan and build boxes(yet to be insulated) for the water tanks.


The inside of the bus is starting to get crowded, couch, sink,cook top,furnace,heaters, tanks, etc, etc.

The garage on the other hand hasn't looked this bare in,....a year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...