Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Bowie said it all

 How many times have we struggled with time? Jim Croce said it the best:

"But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them"

 The issue is what I sheepishly call a first world problem. Having done a bit of traveling, and working in  Central America some times I feel guilty lamenting to myself about my greed for, when it really is, the luxury of time.
 Often I get frustrated because progress is slow on Fillmore either by my hand or someone elses'. In reality though I make choices each and every day. Do I work on Fillmore for a few hours or do I go for a run with my wife or help the kids with their homework?
 When you put it down on paper it is blatantly obvious, and thankfully-most of the time- I do the right things and spend my time where I should. As David Bowie said:

 Don't let me hear you say life's taking you nowhere, angel
Come get up my baby
Look at that sky, life's begun
Nights are warm and the days are young
 ...because these are the golden years.

 Progress does continue, a little here a little there. I was able to have the fittings moved on the grey water tank.

Anna came out one afternoon and helped with the Lounge seat diss-assembly.





I always encourage the kids to participate in activities outside, firewood, general maintenance, clearing the driveway. But I do keep a close eye on them because as much as they (and I) think that they are extremely capable for their age.....sometimes they mean well but don't make the best choices.
Yes I was happy that Jeff was able to diagnose a problem with the plow attachment for the quad.....
 On the positive side...we had a teachable moment on safety!
The last installment in the on going Fillmore saga, is I have a design problem with my Hydraulic system. I was driving into the city to get the A/C system installed, when....I started to climb in temp. I pulled over and sure enough I had blown the Hydraulic filter again. There seems to be a design flaw or a bottle neck. The system can't handle it. Thankfully I was close to STR (Mechanic) and they graciously allowed me to pull in unannounced. As a matter of fact David, the owner, gave me a ride to work. I might have to rethink the whole fan issue and move to electric fans. I have a couple of 16" fans which may allow me to put something to gather until I can limp home and revamp....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...