Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Finally a fit!

Some of the content here has been talked about before so some of you may have a vague feeling of deja vu. Just before I left for our annual pilgrimage to Manitoba I spent some time getting the supports ready for the battery box....that would be the battery box that I had fabricated 1/2" to long and had to have them cut the end off and modify it....but that's another story.
The flashback topic is water tank fittings. Some of them I talked about last year when I sourced them out at a hardware store in Onanole Manitoba, but this time I am referring to them a I install them and a few others.
Some of the fittings for the outdoor shower were tricky to plan and assemble....but in hindsight that was more to do with my inexperience. I knew what I wanted, knew kind of where to get them, but like most things it took me a while to get all the pieces and put them all together.

The small white fittings above turned out to be the bane of my existence. All I needed was a fitting. Specifically I needed to have new fittings installed in the uppermost aspect of the water tanks. This would allow the movement of air both in and out of the tank as the tank fills and empties. Nothing special just a little 3/8" FPT. But I didn't find exactly what I wanted in the Greggs catalog, nor at Home depot or Rona. So I eventually turned to the local RV service shop. They strung me along for a while, it was a small job where they would make little and they are busy, being mid summer. Finally I did what I usually do and look at it from a slightly different angle. What is involved in doing it. I am embarrassed how easy it was. Like most things, we sometimes make things way to complicated. Drill, Fit, Epoxy...done
Sometimes I forget he is 12. While I wrestled with water tanks Jeff has graduated into taking charge of his projects as opposed to helping me with his projects. I look out of the windows in Fillmore to see sparks flying. Here is Jeff fabricating new mounts for ATV tires to be mounted to bearing sets and the tire rim.....essentially fabricating a wheel bearing hub!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...