Friday, August 28, 2015

Summer Fun

There are times to work, there are times to play. Having a balance between them is often eveyones' biggest challenge in life. Mine?....not so much....I like to play.....and I like my work. So its easy to do both.
My nephew came out for a visit, spending the week with his cousins and working in the workshop creating cool things with scrap materials. I love to see the ingenuity and drive!

He is also accompanying me to Guatemala next spring to provide dental help to under privileged people in unserviced areas. He's been patient, he was supposed to go a year and a half ago....but my back saga threw a wrench into travel plans for a while.







Although there is some non Fillmore activity, work continues, albeit slowly.
The house battery bank is finally in place. four 6V deep cycle batteries. One  pair to run in in series and then partnered with a second pair and run in parallel.
Each 6V battery is 220Ahr, so each pair is 12V 220Ahr and then when we run the two pairs in parallel we get 12V 440 Ahr.


Sometimes my intentions for progress are out ranked by my other hobby, last weekend I had to cut Fillmore short to perform in High River central park bandstand on a beautiful warm and sunny day!
I can accept that!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...