Thursday, November 12, 2015

On with the show...

I decided that while I work away at installing the new mounting plates, I had to construct at least one wall panel to see what things will look like. I was on the hunt for a panel surface that would be durable, washable and more than a house hold heavy traffic paint finish. I looked at imported acrylic panels from companies in Italy, I looked at custom laminates from Richelieu, but I found what I needed in the humble haunts of...Home Depot. A fibreglass reinforced panel....I didn't go  looking for them there, I was looking for something else and I darn near tripped right over them. Funny how fate works.


So I cut the 3/8" plywood to the panel size I want to allow for a recessed metal reveal.The trim allows for the removal of the fiberglass panel from the plywood base....which gives me retrievable. I know I have to get over that....but being able to remove and service/swap/change....gives me great comfort. I'm glad our society doesn't encourage the same retrievability with marriage, otherwise my wife may have upgraded to a sleeker newer model years ago!


Missing of course are the chrome mounting bolts(dome head...I think...haven't decided fully yet)
To finish off a good morning and make it great, is when my son(now 13) actually asked me to quiz him for his homework! So we made a couple mugs of tea and hunkered in for some guy style studying. For those that don't know what that is it's just like studying but at every opportunity to somehow convert the subject matter into something ridiculous that makes you laugh.....retention of data is waaaaay better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...