Wednesday, March 29, 2017

El Ramate

There are a lot of pros and cons to what I do. A big con is most people really don't want to see me. Sure maybe in the mall to say "Hi" or from across the stadium at a football game, but in reality most people actually say to me "I'd rather be anywhere else that here." Don't get me wrong, I get it and I don't take it personally. A big pro of what I do is that it is a skill set that is needed and can help both at home and abroad. I have been a member of the charitable organisation Dentistry For All for many years now, and we travel to Guatemala and Nicaragua to provide dental work to remote areas where the need is great and the access to care is none. I recently just returned from another trip to the northern region of El Ramate in Guatemala, and it proved yet again to be both exhausting and rejuvenating. I had the pleasure to travel with some absolutely wonderful, hard working, dedicated and compassionate   individuals

We worked hard and helped a lot of people

Saw some unique scenes

and worked in hard to reach areas,


Making sure we savoured every moment
Made new friends, and fortified relationships with old ones...

And found no problem getting out of bed at 5:30 every morning for a coffee and a beautiful sunrise before heading out to put our drop in the bucket of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...