Sunday, October 14, 2018

Plan ahead

It's finally time to once again, put things back together. After removing all the cabinet fronts for painting in my makeshift spray booth, it's finally time to assemble all the pieces. In my minds eye I have an idea of what things will look like, and I must admit for better or worse what I am getting is what I planned.
Over the toilet storage area for towels,toilet paper,etc is coming together. It has to house the duct for the bathroom heat and the faux junction box and black pipe hiding the electrical for the TV outlet.

While I was there I really wanted to incorporate a piece of the original. In the drivers area I replaced all the instrumentation, opting to go with a newer dual gauge air pressure readout. The original was still in working order, so I kept it, in hopes I could use it somehow, somewhere. Being that the design 'motif' is subway industrial for the bathroom.....I thought 'perfect!' and incorporated the working gauge into the area.

Now some of my planning lacks some of the finer details. in the last post you saw the kitchen vertical plug. Well the plan is working well. I had the space, I had run the electrical wire, I had the hardware, but I neglected to install a junction box for the outlet tower to plug into. Installing one wasn't impossible, but it sure would have been easier BEFORE I installed the kitchen cabinets!
And finally, my biggest pride and disappointment. The finish on these drawer fronts is excellent, the allotted hardware purchase ages ago was right were I stored it and was a breeze to install. The momentary mind fart allowing me to be sloppy looks out of place. you be the judge.
I can't live with that, I'll have to redo that drawer.....eventually....grrrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...