Wednesday, August 12, 2020

CRIB

March 16, 2020 was the date....I don't think I blogged it until a month later in April but, that was when our world started shutting down. That was the weekend that my brother and family came for a visit that got modified because of CoVid. Unfortunate for them but great for us....me in particular. On that trip Shawn and Adele helped design the cribbage crib, as I like to call it, for the bus.
                                             
This is a crude screen shot of the 3D modeling that they did

                    
And this is how it all turned out
This side is the metal inlay with acrylic top
                                        
And this side is the crib board....yet to be used for the first time.....perhaps soon??


Of course no matter how much I plan, there always seems to be some snag, as Robert Burns said, "the best laid schemes o' mice an' men". I designed one of the crib cabinets to house the subwoofer and also the crib table. Everything looked great until....
it seems I forgot to account for the retention pin knob. The only way the table will fit into the cabinet is to remove the knob and pin prior to stowing it away, and THAT will never work for me.


 But thankfully I was able to  trace the path of the knob placement on the table, then using a  forstner bit and the router to create an insertion channel. This is not the finished product but already allows the table to be stored, in its entirety, in the designated area as originally designed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...