Thursday, August 6, 2020

A series of firsts

Another day another first. After some contemplation I decided to get some work done on the bug(stereo) and I maaaaaaayyy have had a little mishap with the buses rear view camera which required a trip into Calgary to see the professionals at ARA automotive accessories  Thankfully they could take care of both issues on the same day. I just had to get both vehicles to them. It would be the first time to test the whole tow-car concept. I must say it worked like a charm!
 

Oddly enough, not to far away I came across a GF brewery that has some delicious wares to sample. First one in western Canada, and a first time for me being there. Good thing Fillmore has a fridge!
Shortly after, we got the kids ready for their first time "alone" in the back country. I give the quotation marks because they have been camping, they have been alone(without parental units) and they have been in the back country. But they have never had the trifecta. It was a first for them.
So the three amigos set out hiking and camping on an envious quest.
So Michelle and I got inspired and shortly after dropping the kids at the trail head we packed up Fillmore and headed out on an adventure of our own. We hit spray lake for a little kayaking. Once we got there we explored the campground and found an open site to which we slipped into.
It was another first for us, I may not elect to drive Fillmore down those roads again, but I would definitely go back to that lake!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...