Friday, June 18, 2010

For 40 days and 40 nights........

OK it wasn't that bad but holey crap it has rained (and snowed) all fricken spring!
Today was the first day of sunshine in close to a month.
I seriously thought I might have to call the ol' girl "The Ark"

Anyway, as you can see I have 'tweeked'(not to be confused with tweeted....I don't tweet) the blog page a little....why?....why not? It's fun it's hip......I've had a few beers...

So today was a great 'bus' day. It started with a visit to the local gas station to have the mechanic look at the bus and see if it was a project he might be interested in doing.
He is interested, but it may be a while before it can get on the books.
OK I guess, I have plenty to keep me busy.

Today, given there was no rain, I thought I'd better weld while I can. Both rear quarter panels(if you will) had through and through rust, but the support underneath was compromised as well. So I had to cut out the affected parts and rebuild.

First cut the angle iron....

Not bad, I have the pieces tack welded into place....Shawn don't zoom in.....and if you do stop laughing

After a little grinder action and a coat of POR-15.... she looks pretty good!

Jeff was even in on the planning action for the other side!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...