Monday, November 29, 2010

Closing in

Damn, sometimes I love this site and sometimes it drives me crazy. For that last 15 min I have been trying to begin my "narrative" above the first picture. Seems simple...I've done it before... but for some F#@#** reason it refuses to let me do it tonight. I know I know, I can actually hear my own voice in my head saying the same thing I say to Michelle when she starts cursing at the "stupid computer", (I'm paraphrasing the 'stupid' part) "Now sweetheart, the computer is just fine it's usually the operator !"
This usually is where she bestows a look on me that will freeze 40 proof alcohol. But yet I digress.
After a few weeks of crazy busy, I had a chance to spend some time on the bus last Friday afternoon and Saturday. As you can see I finished the east wall...got to keep Fillmore comfy!
I then went to work on the back wall. 1 1/2" angle iron gave me my vertical supports.
My welding is getting better, still not the prettiest, but I'm not going for the Olympics of welding, I just want it to work and be functional. (I think that is what every novice welder says in a defensive tone) 
In the end the rear wall is up, being that the mercury dipped in the high minus 20's I decided it was time for a heat source. The propane heater is still on hand but I thought it was time to get an electric source heater with a fan to help warm it up and circulate the air a bit. With the new windows in she's a little more air tight, Michelle would kill me if I ran the propane heater and died from CO poisoning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...