Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Give me the heat!

As the temp dropped I figured I had better get my work space inside the bus livable too. So it's time to start the insulation process. I've decided that being that it is a good thing to layer your warm clothing it must be a good idea for the insulation layers too! I've decided to start with a double foil backed thin reflective insulation. The R factor is not that great but I wanted to get a protective layer between the outer skin and the main event in the insulation. Although you can see a bundle of PINK, that's not the main insulation. That is mainly to plug holes and block off the cold areas while I work.
Basically the wrap is nothing more than foil backed bubble wrap!

But she goes in slick. Believe it or not, this is all temporary. I will be using the material in the final application, but I want to place an adhesive on the backing before putting it in place for good. Problem is it was -16C this day and the PL 2000 wouldn't set against the outside cold skin in those temps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...