Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Old,New Borrowed&Blue



What is this a wedding?
Well work goes on!  Friday Randy came over and we puttered away on the bus. Before he got there I was getting ready for the day, went to put on my trusty SORELS, and yes they are straight from the late 80's neon pink(used to be red) and all, and pushed my foot right out of the back of the boot.






Thank God for duct tape


Then I went to don my coveralls. As I reached up into the closet, I pulled out this pair. My Dads.
In the last few days before he passed away, he and I would spend time together in his den, "going through stuff".
One afternoon he reached down by his desk and pulled these out of a bag. They are the coveralls I gave him last June as a fathers day present.
He held them out to me and said" I don't imagine I'll get the opportunity to put these to work. You'd better have them, that way I'll have a presence out there on Fillmore."

I haven't had the guts to wear them yet, I didn't want to get them dirty.

But today was the day....time to go to work Dad!

So we covered old and new...


I put Randy to work cleaning off the 60 years of crud off the dash. I was working under the bus, but I started to smell a combination of burnt dirt and paint. When I poked my head inside to see how things were progressing......the air was blue.....smokey blue
So then, on to the need for the borrowed....



As Randy was creating a good argument against second hand smoke I was, once again, on hide and tide duty.



















Split loom for every thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...