Friday, March 2, 2012

Hasta la vista Fillmore

 So the thing with a blog is that often you have a number of picture that you want to post. The issue is that you want to spread the wealth....or attempt not to bore the reader with 17 photos in one blog entry and none for a week. There you have it.....I told you the secret, the honeymoon is over, the magic is gone.
 Or not....What I mean is that although this isn't today's events, it is still note worthy.
 With redesigning the tower there were a few tid-bits we needed to tidy up. Sheet metal work is always fun... a bit like a jig saw puzzle, but you design the pieces, cut them out and then fit them together.


 So we designed....

 Cut....
 Then Jeff and I had to figure out how to put a special bend in the short side. Just a simple 90 in the last 1 1/2"



 So here is my sheet metal worker making it happen!


 Not bad young buck!
 With all the holes drilled it was time to put it into position and clean things up.
Today, is the last post for a while, I am heading down to Guatemala again to do volunteer work in the dental realm, I am taking my assistant Amy and my niece Jess with me this time. I get back on the 11th of March. As for the present? This week has been great, and this week has been a real bugger.
" It was the best of times it was the worst of times." Mr Charles Dickens Chris Kruse came back to get Fillmore up and running. That was the plan...it was a great plan....on paper it looked even better-I actually saw it on paper-. Anyway things didn't exactly turn out the way we had intended. We made a lot of progress, but we had a few MAJOR set backs, but that is for another day...just remember what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...