Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ebb and Flow

I love this guy, in a wierd way he reminds me of my Dad, all except the short stature and green skin, but the ears and the hair....
Sometimes you need a holiday, from work, from resposibilities, from routine. Whatever it is we all need a break sometimes. Often you don't even realize you need a break, but it becomes apparent when you go away and enjoy the fact that you don't have to do what you usually do. There is a natural ebb and flow to our passions.
I love working on Fillmore, I have harped about why it's interesting, challenging, and therapeutic all in one ball o' wax. But I have to say, a little break from him was just what the doctor ordered. Now I'm back and I'm excited to get back at it!

After a year(or more) of the front vents sitting on my work bench, with all the parts stripped, painted and ready to reinstall, I finally got around to that 'little' job!
Under the panel I put a cork gasket, so that I have (simple) retrievability.
After that I moved on to the heater cores. This has been a job that we have been working on for quite some time. Randy fabricated the initial mounting brackets, which then I took off to paint. Then Trevor reinstalled them and hooked up the heater core lines, with bulk head and all. I then took it apart agin....sorry boys... but for good reason! It was time to install the piping!
So Jeff and I and little Pete spent some time in Home Depot getting just the right fixtures...
Then a little contortionism (is that a word?) from Moi
A little (ok, not so 'little') pipe from Gregg's and we are good to go!
You can see there is a rectangular tube of sheet metal on the lower right of the heater core. This core has a push pull lever that allows me to change the air from my feet to the defrost...or blend!!
Now to wire them in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...