Friday, September 19, 2014

Thanks Mrs Pohatch

 It's so long ago I can't remember her face, I can't even remember how to spell her name for sure. But I remember how she made me feel. At times like I was the most powerful and proud man on the earth for my achievements, at others I was ashamed to have crossed the line by breaking a golden rule. But as cliche as it sounds all I ever needed to know I learned in kindergarten: 

by Robert Fulghum

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life -
Learn some and think some
And draw and paint and sing and dance
And play and work everyday some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out into the world,
Watch out for traffic,
Hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder.


The other day I was making a template for the new bathroom roof vent, and yes as you can see in the pictures I was using the traditional KG work space tools....paper, tape,scissors, and crayons. All was going along so well, until it became apparent that SOMEBODY broke a rule.....  

 Put things back where you found them.

Clean up your own mess.












I guess in my haste last time I used the seam sealer, I didn't properly clean the rim of the lid for the can.......and then I put it where it normally doesn't go....so I didn't notice in my typical travels. So when I went to use it this time....I was stymied. I know better than that....I am better than that.
My bad, sorry!........mia copa.

 After Shawn was here and did such an excellent job on the bumper, I was horrified when I realized that I overlooked a small but very important point. We hadn't treated the interior surface of the rear engine cover. It required the careful removal of the piece of art. It required the removal of 12 fasteners, ranging in size from 1/4" dome heads, to two very large lug nuts.



















Once off, it was just a matter of prepping the surface and then a liberal coating of my favorite POR-15.
 I feel much better now. I had visions of the final paint job, and then the rust creeping up and over the rear engine cover.
 A simple reverse of steps and now everything is back into place, all neat and tidy. A little tip of my hat to my Kindergarten teacher....Thanks Mrs. Pohatch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...