Monday, November 10, 2014

Looking for Direction



No matter how strong we are, no matter how independent we are we all need someone. The concept of the lone wolf, although a marketable identity for Hollywood and Harlequin romance novel, is a myth in reality. What we need may differ but we all need someone for companionship(emotional), for company(physical), for guidance(spiritual/cerebral)

Sometimes you actively go looking for someone to fill the spot and sometimes fate brings you together. My wife?....I actively perused her. My son? fate (and a bottle of red wine) put us on the course to meeting.

Well Robert,from the great state of Montana, and I got brought together by 35ft and 14000 lbs of fate, and he has helped me keep on course.......literally!

Being a former owner of Fillmore, Robert has an interest in him. So, having read my blog, Robert knew that I only had one original glass front turn signal indicator. Although I had spent many hours in the early years(yes this has been going on long enough for me to actually use that phrase) looking for a replacement, lack of success and attention to other matters allowed the hunt to cease......for me.
So you can appreciate the excitement when I got an email from Robert letting me know that he found one on ebay. After a bit of ebay shenanigans ( I think I was in a bidding war against the seller as a ghost) I ended up winning the right to buy the indicator!!!!
The icing on the cake was when Robert asked if I had decent light bezels, he siad that he had a pair that he was willing to donate to the cause, and they were in "pretty good shape"
Hell they are damn near mint!

And now, with the help of my friends, I will go in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...