Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The warm Jaunuary winds

 What a day! For the end of January this is blissful. I grew up in Manitoba, northern Manitoba to be exact, where winter comes long and hard. The great side of that is you can plan your life, you can count on the weather to be cold in winter and less cold in summer. Seriously, it allowed us to consistently play in the outdoors. As long as we dressed for the weather we could do anything. Here... the weather in the foothills of the Rockies can be a little unpredictable. One day -20C the next +3C. It has it's pros and cons....but a pro that I still marvel at after 20 years of living out here is the Chinook winds and wearing a long sleeve t-shirt outside to work on Jan 23.


Like many times before and many more to come, today was a planned step back to move forward. After scribing my wall panels for the bathroom, I realized my eager stupidity when I was congratulating myself on how well the walls adapted to the plywood outer walls. It was then I realized there was another layer AND trim to be installed on the outer walls to bring them to their final profile. So down came the bathroom walls and down came the remainder of the outer skins. Then one by one I trimmed and cut the final surface layer.

 Of course while that happened it was the perfect time to place the sound deadening material from Soundproof Cow>. I knew I wanted to place it, and knew it wouldn't be difficult just time consuming...so like many things that fall into the "easy" category it got left out and essentially forgotten about. Until the moment was right.....and this was the right moment.
 Back to elementary school! Creative arts I think they used to call it, just like construction paper and a glue stick!
 There! very space age-ish, perfect time for the material to be tucked in behind the wall panels.
 Here we are, drivers side done. All inner skins of outer panels in place.
 I am swapping out the fasteners that attach the panels moving to a flat head furniture bolt like you would see with IKEA furniture
And now on to the passenger side...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...