Friday, July 1, 2016

cushy life

I hate rushing. I like to have time to think, rethink, ponder, test, and refit. So deadlines just make me crazy. But I suppose everyone has to deal with them every now and again
Grey Owl has come and gone, now we have a mad rush for some much needed progress to ready ourselves for the next commitment. The project at hand is Cushions for the rear bench/bed
I was referred to a fine gentleman who works out of the springbank airport, for upholstery work. We met a few times before the Grey Owl, and he agreed to get me what I needed. What he needed from  me though was templates of the top of the bench. So, cardboard is my friend! Sadly my workshop is not the glorious work space it used to be. Half of it has been converted into a gym, and the other half is woefully packed full of all the crap that used to be strategically spread out in every nook and cranny of the whole room. So when Michelle had gone to bed, so I moved in to a larger, and less cluttered work surface. The dining room table.
A late night test fit was a success, so off to the shop the templates would go...


while Jeff and I prepped the area.






And when I say Jeff and I, I really mean Jeff as I was having to get things settled with the stereo install



















In today's immediate gratification world, with the magic of internet, days of waiting has been reduced to only a small scroll down the page for your reading pleasure. The cushions came back and they are great. Perhaps the foam I chose is a little firm...but I am sure we will be able to sit and sleep without to much grief. One step closer...tick, tock...
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...