Monday, July 11, 2016

Beautiful Journey

Anxiety is a funny thing. Not funny ha-ha, I'm sure that those who suffer significantly from a bout of anxiety don't find any humor in it but for me, I rarely feel anxious. I have done a lot of singing in my day, most often in front of crowds, some of which would be in the 300 people range, and I don't get tremendously nervous about it. So when my stomach flipped  and my chest tightened the other day I thought it was odd, and it took me a minute to process what was going on.
The day started as expected, a busy weekend with Michelle going on way with Jeff for Volleyball and me headed the other with Anna for a dance photo shoot. As the clouds rolled in and  we piled into the car I said, "damn we should have planned this better. We should have taken Fillmore so if the weather is crappy you have somewhere to hang out!"
Anna, bit her lower lip and with a twinkle in her eye said "Let's do it!"
So we pulled back into the drive way and started Fillmore up. A couple of extra minutes to make sure all systems were a go, and we were off and running. As I drove I realized this was Anna's first trip in Fillmore of any significant distance!
And we were driving into the mountains! It was a beautiful drive and Fillmore handled the hills beautifully as well. We pulled up to the photo shoot, a few fashionable minutes late and the girls proceeded with the task at hand. As it became Anna's turn I was involved with doing this and that, and snapping a few pictures of my own

It was at this moment that my stomach felt uneasy and my chest tightened, and I started to feel a little panicky....  The mountains were so big and majestic and Anna in all her beauty, it made me catch my breath.
It also made me think...she's almost 16, in 2 years she'll be going away to school...where did the time go. But I put my game face on, smiled and breathed as much of it in as I could.
As it turned out, we didn't need Fillmore for some refuge from the elements....
But it sure was nice to let sleeping beauty stretch out while I trundled us home.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! You had the nicest vehicle in the lot. I hope the other people there appreciated Fillmore too.

    ReplyDelete

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...