Tuesday, July 26, 2016

With wild abandon...

Ever had that dream where your mind was running at 110% but your body was only moving at 60%. You can see the impending doom bearing down on you but despite your attempts to move faster forces greater than you keep you running at a predetermined rate. If you're lucky enough you are able to morph the dream and pop out of the molasses like environment and get to safety. After the whole rain and jig saw fiasco I feel like I've broken free of the heavy shackles and I'm able run like the wind. And run I did....perhaps with a little reckless abandon.....
The next order of business was to utilize some open wall space and create some storage. Like the other side of the fridge cabinetry I want to have the rounded corners as well
So, I cut, trim, biscuit join, glue, clamp...
Create a jig to cut mitred corners.... this is going great!....all going according to plan...I'm flyin'...
Whoops! I knew I shouldn't have been so cocky....................grrrrrr...............
All was going so well, I made a cutting jg so that the mitred corner would be perfect. And it would have been, but the orientation of the work piece is of the up most importance. I put the top on the bottom and the bottom on the top, I never took time to think at a stop....(sorry I channeled my inner Dr Suess)
So, take a big step back and remake the piece....

Then put it back into the dummy proof cutting jig in the proper orientation.
Good thing it's all about the journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...