Saturday, August 13, 2016

A little flavour of the past

At Jeff's last AVA beach volleyball tournament I got talking to one of Jeff's buddy's grandfather, who incidentally, is a bus guy. We started chatting and the next thing you know he was telling me about working for Brewsters bus line here in Alberta driving the sightseer coaches. We had a great talk and shortly after he sent a picture of a buddy of his with one of the buses. They talk about degrees of separation, and there wasn't a whole lot of distance between making a connection between his world and mine.

The tournament ended Saturday, which meant Sunday was a bus day! On my list of things to do was to finally get to installing the turning cameras. First I played with location, but in the end it was exactly where I thought it would go in the first place. Top right corner of the first window behind the driver.
I have to admit....THIS was a hard thing to do...drill into the beautiful side......ARRRRRRRG!!!


In the end it all worked out. Now I just need to get the electronics working.....add it to the list.


Call me a little sentimental, or maybe it's just dramatic, but I like to incorporate a little special connection with some of the pieces in the work I do. In our house we have leaded glass saved by Verna from a house being torn down in the 70's, our kitchen table is made from wood reclaimed from a factory from the west coast sourced from my childhood friend Cam. Today I decided that the 'end table' top was going to be made from some beautiful clear Fir that Ron and I salvaged years ago from his fathers farm. The wood if I remember correctly was salvaged years before from a church floor from the area. Weather it's knowing where something came from or that it's something that has a special connection to you.....it's kind of like salt....you don't NEEEEEEED it....but just a little here and there makes the dish that much more memorable.

Ill have to spend some time to get the surface nice and smooth, but the wood is full or beauty and character!


















While I wait for the glue to set, it was time to prep the area, and the cabinet for install.


The good news everything is a really nice tight fit.....the bad news is, everything is a really nice TIGHT fit....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...