Thursday, September 1, 2016

Friends Family and memories

It's been a while since I posted last. Not for a lack of activity but rather life just got busy and it wasn't all bus stuff. HOWEVER! there was some cool bus stuff that happened recently. If you remember a couple of years ago I connected with a good man Robert. Robert had been a previous owner of Fillmore and had cared for the bus for many(15?) years. He had always wanted to restore the bus back to it's original condition and purpose for the Intermountain transport company. Unfortunately that vision didn't come to fruition and after an intermediary, the bus ended in my possession. The good news is that thanks to the wonderful magic of internet searches, Robert found the bus from this blog and therefor me! after a few phone conversations and numerous emails, Robert and I mused about finally meeting one day, and guess what....the day has come.

With fall fast approaching, and therefor the gails of winter at it's heels, Robert contacted me and said "I'd like to come and see your beautiful country, your lovely family....and oh ya, of course, the bus!". It was wonderful. A whirlwind trip for him but it was great to spend some time together, talk about life, and things to be thankful for.


We spent the majority of the day just visiting, but managed to take a tour of the bus.





















And take the bus for a tour! I couldn't let the opportunity pass me and pulled over to tell Robert," Ok your turn!" It was a great day, and I look forward to our next one...perhaps we will take a wee road trip in Fillmore to Montana!

The next event was a kayak trip to the west coast. Michelle and I and the kids and my brother Shawn and Adele all travelled out to Port McNeil on the north end of Vancouver island. We hooked up with Kingfisher Wilderness Adventures and took off on a 4 day trip in  the Johnstone straight.
It was cool coastal weather
But it was filled with good people, good food,good laughs(mainly at Uncle Shawn)


And wilderness beauty every where you turned



Some days were longer than others, and some were able to keep up....and some needed old man naps



Our last day we were graced by a humpback named squiggle, who came so close to our camp you could smell his bad breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...