Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Baby bird....

 A leap of faith. That's what they call it when a baby bird is finally ready to leave the nest for the first time. I'm not sure it's only a leap for the baby bird. Mom and Dad are pretty anxious as well.
My baby bird, my Anna Banana flew from the nest this morning on her way to Africa for 5 weeks. It's a fantastic opportunity to spread her wings and stand on her own while she gets a couple of her grade 12 courses under her belt. So over the weekend I took every opportunity to keep close to her to squeeze out a few extra Anna moments while we build walls for what I am calling the "shelter shop"
 It MAY have also been an opportunity to get a small and powerful work force to help facilitate the teardown of the old shop.

 With Carson, Jeff, Anna and even Michelle working like a small and determined Army, we made tremendous progress in a very short time.
Anna was able to expand her tool horizons and use a reciprocating saw
 All of the joinery in the old bus shelter is screw nails, so as we tore things down we were able to salvage all the components. Most of the lumber will be used in the shelter shop for work benches and cupboards
 Bit by bit, piece by piece...


In the end we just have a lovely access for where the storage shed will inevitably end up. At days end I was happy to see (despite the high working temperatures) that my work crew were still in great spirits!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the blog very much. Thanks for sharing all your work and progress with the bus. Hope we meet on the road sometime! andrew (on Facebook.com/Flxible52)

    ReplyDelete

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...