Friday, January 19, 2018

It's OK to cut corners

Usually I wouldn't even think of using that title when referring to my work, but I kind of have to agree this time. My desire is to have drawers that carry the theme of the rounded corners whenever possible and somewhat practical lends itself to the header.
I created a template to transfer the inner circumference of the 3 inch diameter 1/4 round .

Which I was then able to transfer to the drawer's edge.

I was able to create the profile on 3/4 of the drawers using my band saw. The 4th was too tall for the depth of the chuck on the table of the band saw. I haven't figured out how I will cut the remaining corner but I suspect there will be a table saw, belt and random orbital sander involved.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...