Thursday, January 25, 2018

Waylaid


My Dad was not a man of lecturing, he didn't go on and on to belabour a point. For a teenage boy sometimes it meant that the lesson took time to sink in. But as much as he didn't lecture, he spoke volumes through his actions. One that I learned early and has stuck over the years is "be a man of your word." , that is be a man who can be expected to keep or follow through on his promises or intentions.
So I knew that although I was just getting some steam rolling in the cabinetry construction for Fillmore. When Michelle gently reminded me that I had promised to make her a window cabinet for beside the computer it was time to change directions and fulfil my promise.



















Simple in concept, a three bay cabinet that will have drawers that will house different storage including a hanging  file folders and a computer printer scanner
With some help from Anna, and then Michelle, we made some great strides
The test fit is a little bigger than  I would like but I think it will turn out just fine.
Back in the shop, it was time to fill and sand while I continued on with drawer construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...