Monday, February 12, 2018

Sunshine and caffeine

Ahhhhh, CBC on the radio, hot coffee on the counter, its bright and sunny outside. Pretty much the recipe for a perfect afternoon in the shop.

I have progressed with Michelle's window seat as far as I can, I now have to wait for paint colour selection. We are primed and ready for final paint application.

But being that the new shop is....uhhhh...cozy.... pieces not actively on the work docket, must be relocated to a storage facility...aka: outside on the shop trolly
Now its time to reset and get reacquainted with the cabinetry in the bus.






















I had rounded the corner of the drawers, now it was time to create drawer fronts.


one mishap along the way, remember to measure twice, cut once. Even after all these years, I let me guard down for a minite and mistakes happen. Thankfully they were fixable, but frustrating none the less.

And of course no job is ever smooth sailing on Fillmore, there is always some challenge that makes me scratch my head and think...."Huh! how are we going to fix that?
Here the issue was mounting the drawer latch hardware, my shortest phillips screwdriver was too tall to fit into the space...

But thankfully, I had purchased a special attachment for my driver last fall in anticipation for a need just like today!



















After an appropriate amount of complaining about access, eyesight and lighting, I finally got things to the point that I was happy with both form AND function.

Of course being happy meant it was time to tear things apart again so that I can prime and paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...