Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Trying to keep your cool

This past weekend found me trying to prevent the re-occurrence of the rad fan carnage incident again. So friday I spent some time mapping out what I needed to get the job done. Thank fully I had all the materials I need. Now I just need time.
Saturday and sunday found us hosting friends and team mates of Jeff's for Team Alberta. All three team Alberta U16 teams made it to the semi finals, with Jeff and his partner playing for the gold. It was close and a well fought battle but this time he found himself with silver around his neck and I couldn't be more proud. His competitors and team mates are a force to be reckoned with and the game was hard fought and respectful.
Jeff was obviously disappointed they couldn't go all the way and take home the gold. He is hardest on himself, so we were thankful that Jeff's buddy Grace showed up with someone that could help put things into perspective and let him focus on more than just Volleyball. Nationals are in a week in Toronto, so there will be plenty of time to be super focused in the time ahead.
Monday, being a local holiday, I was able to squeak out a little time and get the fan guard almost complete
I still want to trim, finish, and weld, but right now it's functional. I await the new fan tomorrow, so hopefully I can get it into place before we leave for holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...