Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Don't get crossed, keep your cool.

 So exciting! The new fan arrived, right on time! I love it when a plan comes together. I unpacked the hardware and was thrilled to see that everything was exactly as it should be. Everything fit as it should and things should be a simple plug and play....

 But as we all know that doen't always happen...

while trying in the bushing I hand tightened the retention bolts, and marred the threads on one of the holes. I didn't realize what I had done until I put a ratchet on it to tighten the fan into place. Two of the three bolts moved like silk on silk, the third bound down almost instantly. I knew it was cross threaded. I backed the bolt out and tried to re-angle the bolt, but the damage was done. Thankfully a repass with a tap cleaned everything up without to much drama.
The new fan blade was finally mounted in position!!

A little site test to make sure things are lined up properly...


And then install the final fan guard, so this totally preventable mishap does NOT happen again!
All the while work continues (all be it slowly) on the bathroom. Getting the drawer fronts mounted where they need to be. Now we are ready for another camping trip....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...