Thursday, August 22, 2019

Making a statement

 My wife would argue this point, but I really feel like I try to fly under the radar. I'm not looking for attention. I just want to be surrounded by people I love. Michelle would say I love to be surrounded by people....tomato...tomatoe.
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised when I was met with a look of confusion when I proudly explained to Michelle how I had figured out where the issue for the horn was! NOT the loose 12V supply post on the horn, NOT a faulty relay, but rather a faulty connection at the wheel that I backed up and eliminated sources from the horn back(60 years of oxidation will do it to you). No, rather than a "Wow, good on ya!" I was met with the...."Don't you have an air horn?"

 And, yes, although(as usual) she is 100% correct in her 97.832% scientific approach to life, she missed the point. So I hesitated to even try to explain why i was wanting to strip/clean/sandblast the horn to repaint it even though it was mounted under the bus and no one would  ever see it.


 But, I did... and I was met with "that look". But that's OK, mars and venus baby......mars and venus.








As part of the clean up, I had to remove a very old paper gasket. Which of course tore apart when I did. I taped it and then traced it onto cork. Which I will use to rebuild!


 Now while I was mid deconstruction, I got a message from my good buddy Steve who was driving from Kamloops BC with my new HOT TUB BABY!!!
 So I said....."Hmmmmm, should I clean up from these guys?"

And I did....AAAAaaand I was glad, because he came bearing gifts from the interior of BC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...