Monday, August 19, 2019

Fall Fun

I didn't even grow up in an agricultural based town. There were no farms, frankly people thought it was weird that some people had horses! Yet when I see this scene it puts a calm serenity over me like a warm heavy blanket on a cool night. The scene is from the 5th Tee at the golf course in Deloraine, I was there for the infamous Big Rock Tournament in July. A long way to travel for a few rounds of golf but so worth the time with family.

Speaking of Family this past week we were blessed to have Michelle's Mom&Dad come for a visit. We had to share them again because her sister and family is back in town from their year in France, but we treasure whatever time they are willing share with us. Of course whenever Ron is in town he gives me motivation not only to get off my butt and work on Fillmore, but also it forces me to be accountable of the time spent on the job. It's one thing to sit out there with a cup of coffee and gaze and ponder my next step, but when you have a willing participant eagerly awaiting direction....it's time to get off the pot and get the show on the road.

So we spent a day planning, assembling, disassembling, reassembling (repeat) a set of drawers for blankets situated under the couch.
The drawer fronts have been cut and mounted, but in this pic, they had already been removed for sanding and painting.


While the primer coat dries, I started on another simple but important project. My electric horn stopped working, and I cant figure out why. I know the supply post on the unit was loose, so I started by removing the horn to disassemble and clean. Once I had it on the bench in pieces, I found that although it was filled with 60 years of crap, it was working fine.












So the search went elsewhere. It was time to ensure all was well at the steering wheel !






A simple test showed that I have power and can generate signal to the electric horn with a simple wire. So that means the oxidation layer on the assembly of parts is my culprit!

A little elbow grease and sandpaper, I have fresh surfaces to work with...
Thankfully I have a reproduction of the original parts catalog so I can see the order of which all these tiny pieces go back into place......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...