Tuesday, December 17, 2019

drawer design

A few more sessions spent in the shop finds the special cabinet with more walls on in, a coat of primer and a coat or two of paint. I am waiting for a few other pieces to be ready so I can spary the lot of them


The cabinet will have rounded edges, which means to maximize storage space we will need to round the drawer edges too

In the same fashion as the custom wall of the cabinet, I employed the same technique to give me a custom shape drawer. But as indicated, the fabrication left me with  90 degree/square corners. And that will just not do. So I rough cut the edge off, then use a rough carving blade on my angle grinder, then sand like I've got nothing better to do!
In the end, I get a cabinet drawer that has the shape I need to accept the drawer front with the 3"radius 90 degree rounded face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...