Thursday, December 26, 2019

A picture is worth a thousand words

We so often get caught up in our own little problems of life and forget that the daily struggles are life. In the environment of social media marketing being so prevalent that we mistake insta feeds and snaps as reality, we lament that our lives aren't as picture perfect as the feeds that bombard us. The reality is that the journey of life IS the point......not the perceived end goal.
We recently had family pictures taken by a very good friend of our family, a super talented wonderful young woman Poppy Morrish and the resulting pictures are fabulous but as I looked through the pictures it was reinforced in my heart that the process of taking the pictures, being togther, playing in the snow, being goofy, being vulnerable to look like a dork, laughing....those are the things that make the magic in the pictures. Those are the important moments, and the moments that define our lives together.
I love my family, thank you for the journey of laughter and tears, calm and chaos, I cannot wait to see where our journey goes from here!

Speaking of a journey, the back rehab/reno/remodel....whatever you want to call it.....forges ahead. After all my gluing and clamping, I was finally ready to remove the forms and see what we had made. After trimming the new cabinet walls my dry fit proved to be positive

The curvature of the piece isn't quite as smooth as I would have wished for, but with each new trial I learn where I could do better and its easy to trace where I dropped the ball in my technique. Being that there really wont be a plethora of hands running over the outside of the cabinet to feel the variations in curvature....I think I can live with the error.
Now before I put everything together, I needed to come up with a conclusion for my vents from the root top. After theorizing a number of what turned out to be bulky space consuming options, I mused about simply capping the vent off and not worrying about the air flow at all. And there in lies my answer. I simply cut the pipe above the cabinet level and placed a blind end, a cap on the pipe, but modified the cap and the pipe to allow air flow!
Once that was done, assembly of the cabinet backs could be completed and test fit. Now maybe a little paint?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...