Monday, January 27, 2020

My sweet little Sofia

So, this happened.....my baby brother finally....FINALLY figured it out.....and lo and behold may I present the sweetest little thing, Sofia!(melt!)



She is just over a month old now, but I am sure that her father has aged a year in the last 30 days. It will be good for him to focus on her rather than the Winnipeg Jets!











And while he changes his fair share of diapers, I work away in the bowels of Fillmore, well that was dramatic....the engine room isn't exactly the bowels but, come on man! I needed a Segway! After test fit of the rear portion of the cabinets, I painted and sanded and sanded and sanded. The end result is something that hardly anyone will see, even less will notice and few will care....but I do!

While I worked on the rear install, I keep momentum with the flashy portion in the living area. First coats of primer followed by multiple coats of cabinet paint with sanding with 2200 grit paper.
I am so happy I decided to remake the cabinet, I had entertained the thought of...."well it's not ideal....but its good enough!" attitude, which would have included painting the old cabinet with brush- in place. That would have resulted in a crappy finish and a cabinet that I would clock my head on each and every time in the bus.
This is so much better, it looks great on the workshop dry fit. A couple little add ons and then we get to install!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...