Thursday, May 14, 2020

Lots to do

I made the decision that the metal inlay is what I am headed for. So I took the table top and an extra piece of 5/8" birch plywood in to the vet. I know right! The VET? what the??? Turns out there is " a guy" who has a home made CNC machine that he runs from home. AND he's local AND his wife is the new vet in town. I love it when a plan comes together. So while that project is out of my hands.....and my hands should not remain idle for too long....people get hurt or money gets spent. Either way its better for all that I get into the shop and be creative.
As part of the design plan for the crib area, I need to make a cabinet behind the forward facing lounge seat. Between it and the kitchen cabinet which holds the sink. Currently we have the sub woofer in that space, so the requirements are:
       1. House the sub woofer
       2. be a creative(and yet simple) place for the storage of the table
       3. Provide storage.
So I first took some measurements....
Then created a cardboard outline of the cabinet shape, placing the required storage items in the space.
Then it was simple to back design and create a template
First level of the cabinet frame complete....




















Being that we are all around the house together, bored and creative minds congregate, for fabrication of an idea, or just top go to the local coffee haunt for a walk up coffee hit!


Once the caffeine jitters wore off....just kidding I don't get those....it was on to the next stage...or level...level two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...