Thursday, November 5, 2020

The Devil's in the details

So As I get ready to install the 'back shelf' as I have grown to call it. I realized I was about to install the shelf overtop of a very important piece of the puzzle. Specifically the element control for the cook top. After install in the counter I had the control tucked in behind until a time that I figured out where to best mount the control panel. Out of sight is out of mind.......good thing I remembered
I have to make sure I don't pull a bone head move and mount the control over top or behind where the elements are. Nothing more frustrating than having to turn down the heat for a boiling pot of water and having to reach through the stream from the offending pot to do so!
This is actually a great opportunity to get two birds with one stone. You'll notice a small square in the back shelf. That is the air supply or intake for the cooktop. I was brainstorming how I can leave that open but yet stylishly cover the opening. In walks in the brushed aluminum bracket that I have been hording for just the right moment.

Some measurements and tracings, then re measure and re trace...finally after the appropriate amount of humming and hawing.....I committed. 
Set in place it has the desired effect I was looking for. A stylish mounting bracket for the cooktop that visually covers the air intake. I still need to create a small mounting block inside the back shelf. Then we can deliver to the bus interior.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...