Monday, April 12, 2021

The house that is never finished...

 I used to shake my head in wonder how someone could build a house and then for years seem to stall out finishing it by leaving small jobs undone! But here I am! And now I'm "that guy". The more we use the bus there less I feel there is an urgent need to get done.....or better put the less I'm willing to keep Fillmore out of commission due to a job started but not finished.

Not wanting to sound like I'm making excuses but I also have spent a great deal of time this past few months rebuilding the upper end of the 1970 VW bug engine which will be our tow vehicle

It was basically a big game of leggo, take pieces apart, put them back together again....albeit with a lot of new pieces that weren't cracked or warped.

And in the end have a functional little gem!

It was a little challenge to get it from the work shop to my garage where the beetle is on the lift, but I managed with a little standing in the sun and thinking about it.

Meanwhile as I was cleaning up the workshop making space for whatever comes next.....I thought...."its time, time to see what this will look like. So I built a platform to help me reach up and position the ladder for the back end of Fillmore.


I have some wiggle room as to where I can mount things, but it has become evident that it cant just hang on the skin. I will have to develop an internal support mechanism to transfer the load onto the frame.



After a lot of humming and haw-ing.....I think I have a plan. Not concrete yet but lets say a soft road map of action.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...