Monday, October 17, 2011

No Job to big, no job too small


 There is no I in team....unless it's an apple product then it would be iTeam....yet I digress. What I am trying to say is that Sunday Randy came over and we had another fabulous day in the beautiful fall weather. Just brisk enough to not overheat but warm enough that my fingers didn't freeze to the metal bus parts like a tongue to a school railing.
 I had a couple of jobs on the agenda today. First and foremost was to mount the perforated panels outside of the radiator.
 So after a little discussion and mapping of what we wanted and where, Randy got to work doing what I was too nervous to do myself(chicken). He cut the SS fluted siding! Oh god I can see the Flxible  community die hards squirming in their seats as we speak. Yes you heard me right we cut the panel!

 And a fine job at that really!
 All the while my little tiny seemingly insignificant job today was to finish the tranny linkage.Yup a little piece that sits hidden under the floor...that no one will see....Not so whiz -bang flashy as SS perforated panels, but there is no I in team. I won't even bother to tell you how I spent and hour or so making one of these only to realize I would have been better off to cut the threads off a 3/8" bolt and drill&tap the head, no that would expose the fact that sometimes I fail to look at the world in widescreen format.
 Speaking of flashy panels, in case you are wondering 16G SS panels are very hard, have a few extra drill bits on hand
 After 4-5 bits, a whole bunch of elbow grease and countless songs being hummed in hushed tones, the panels are put into place. I am happy to say that I did finish my little project, and by the way it's not the size of your project it's how well you finish...your project. OK that just got awkward...
But I did feel compelled to move onto something a little bigger, dirtier....manly. Yes boys and girls I'll say it loud and proud...I'm talkin' exhaust, I'm a rusty dirty muffler man
 Nice Panels Randy.


3 comments:

  1. vents for the radiator? did you relocate it or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sir. The power pack is from a 91 Monaco motorhome with a side mounted rad. I looked at top mounting the rad in the chute but decided not to and mounted it drivers side. I had perforated panels made to allow the fan to push the air out. The ram air chute still exists and will have the tranny and hydraulic rad in there.

    ReplyDelete

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...