Monday, June 21, 2021

For Robert

I have spoken about Robert before, he is the gentleman who was the caretaker of the bus for many years. Robert had a vision for the bus which was beautiful and dignified. Unfortunately life got in the way and the bus moved to another person who preached the same vision but in the end did not follow through. This is where I showed up on the scene and took guardianship of the bus we now know as Fillmore. Sometime into my journey, after I had started a blog to keep friends and family from a far up to date on my shenanigans, I was contacted by Robert. A conversation turned to mutual admiration and respect, which now if I dare say has solidified into a friendship. His support and encouragement for this journey has always been strong, supportive and unwavering despite the fact that my vision is a far cry from his original vision. But I know that it brings him joy knowing that Fillmore is not only being refurbished, but used and loved with loved ones.
Last weekend found Michelle and I packing up to go explore some of Alberta's lakes north of where we live. Thanks to the ingenious design of a combo bike/kayak rack from Niceraq we packed up the dogs and the toys and hit the road. Funny, the 18 year old had a twinkle in his eye when he realized we were leaving him in charge of nothing much more than the fridge for the weekend.....odd he didn't seem disappointed he wasn't invited along.

The weather was a little poor when we left, but over time and geography......
Things got a little more bearable.





In a recent email with Robert, he said " I know I have original front turn signals somewhere!" And it made me think....I am pretty sure he already got tired of seeing my crappy plastic temporary lenses and mailed me originals years ago. I was simply waiting for the right time.....



Well the time is right, Robert this is for you.





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...