Wednesday, June 16, 2021

The Good and the Bad

“You have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad. love what you got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes but never regret. People change, things go wrong, but just remember life goes on.”


― chime

I'm really not sure who Chime is or if they really did come up with the saying. I got more than I bargained for when I looked up the quote. When I was putting together this blog entry, I thought of the opening statement "You have to take the good with the bad" but I didn't know there was more. It really rings true to life!
So we'll start with the bad. After finishing fabrication of the rear ladder mounts, as I torqued down the second one I heard a "pop". It was my weld on the lower bolt hole. Easy fix but it means stripping the paint, re welding and trimming and then re painting!
While I waited for paint to dry I decided to take a moment to tackle something that I have been thinking of for years. In the engine room, as a part of the compressed air system the air dryer is mounted so as the canister comes up through the floor. As diligent as I was putting the floor in, there was a gap in the floor around the air dryer. This of course would allow dirt, dust and debris to get into the engine room. The solution so far was....shall we say a simple fix.

Low tech and low cost and relatively effective really...but the time was now to geta more effective and prettier solution.
Some creative aluminum work along with a split gasket...
And....you may breathe a sigh of relief!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...