Monday, March 15, 2010

If I could put time in a bottle.....

Come on you all know the words. It's been great to have Ron here to help putter away on the bus with me. My only regret is that I have to go to work...otherwise we'd get allot done!

This was the last of the rust. The rear quarter panel, drivers side.....actually now that I think of it I'm not sure you can call it a quarter panel ass it does not comprise 1/4 of the body......but ehhh! whatever.

I cut the body panel and then the support panel underneath. I will have to weld a new support piece and then cut a new body panel, seal, rivet and paint.

The last thing on the menu was a piece that seemed to have very little use. I'm not sure what the original floor plan was but there was an extension of the passenger side raised side platform. It jutted out into the drop down floor, narrowing the center isle. So....with a sparks a flyin' she came out.

You can't really see much difference but it was fun. More symbolic than anything really....I know enough to "never say never" but this marked the turning point from deconstruction to construction. As far as I can figure from here on in it's time to rebuild....unless I've missed something......(uh ohhhh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...