Saturday, March 13, 2010

With a little help from my friends

Great day was had by all, Ron and I started drilling on the drivers side. Yesterday we pulled off the second skin. So next was to pull off the damaged first skin. Things weren't going very smoothly. As you can see by the expression on Ron's face the drilling of the rivets was long and hard. Harder than I remember from the other side.

But with perseverance we got through.

Another one bites the dust.

After we busted the second drill bit, and put in the third it became apparent what was wrong....all drill bits are not created equal. I had purchased whatever bits I could from Can. Tire. Two of one kind(shop master) and two of another (premium cobalt something or other).Once we put the cobalt bit in.....wowza!!

Sometimes when you take one layer off...you get a surprise and say HOLEY SH....!!(kind looks like it too)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...