Saturday, December 4, 2010

'Cause it's ROMANTIC...yeeeeish!

 Ok today was a good day. Randy came out and we worked away on a few jobs. I have come to the conclusion that I am way better when there is some accountability for time, and I am spoiled at work. Huh?...allow we to explain. Like most, I assume, when I get puttering away I take my time, enjoy what I am doing and am really quite self indulgent with respect to time. I look at a job, plan it out in my head, start, stop, re-plan, theorize different methods of doing the same job. Remeasure, re plan, etc etc. You can see it eats up allot of time at the expense of productivity. But being that this is 'my project'. I allow myself the luxury. When I have someone with me, I realize they may not be as thrilled with the amount of introspective naval gazing, so I try to be more efficient with the work time. And lone and behold....we get allot of s#@t done!!
Along the same vein, I like order. I like neat and tidy. I also find that I spend allot of my time cleaning up around me as I work. At my work I have very neat&tidy, but it's not me it's my assistants. They keep me organized, on track, on schedule and efficient. I think I need them to come out and work on the bus......chances?....hmmm don't hold yer breath me boy!
OK enough about me, lets get to Fillmore.
I have found a place 'Apple Hydraulics' that will refurbish the 1940's style shock absorbers. I had to laugh I like the guy at this company already, I contacted him by email and asked what the best way to ship the shock absorbers to him was. Did I need a special crate or how about keeping track of them. He replied..' this isn't brain surgery, put 'em in a box with your name on it and mail it to us. We'll fix 'em and ship them back' Fair enough! So I wrestled with the rear shocks and finally got them. First order of business was to get the fronts off. Batta-bing, batta-boom. Done....Next?

 Next was the 'moon roof'. I know this is going to make some flxible purists shudder, but if I run into you somewhere I have broad shoulders, let 'er rip. Similar to putting in a door or window in a house, we did the same for the 'moon roof'. "why is it a moon roof?" my wife asked.....'Cause it's ROMANTIC...yeeeeish!
 Cut the main center support.
 Fabricate a header, footer, and side supports
 Cut and paste!
Wha?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...