Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Where the H#%& did I put it???

I like to think of myself as easy going, open minded, a roll with the punches kinda guy. You know the guy I mean, the one who has a flat tire 20 min before a case presentation of his life, and SOMEHOW he manages to change the tire, not get dirty, never break a sweat and not only makes it to the meeting but slam dunks the presentation to boot.

Well guess what.....I'm not that guy.
The other day I was working away on Fillmore mounting the boxes for the water tanks. I had to cut some support braces, weld them,and then drill bolt holes in the ends. When it came time to put them to place I grabbed my De Walt drill case, and my three paper bags from the hardware store (nuts,bolts,washers).
So far, so good!.....but then... as I shimmy under the bus with the drill bit in my teeth(ya I know I should know better) I reach over to the drill case.....empty.CRAP!
Crawl out from under the bus and start the search. I looked in the bus shelter, I looked in the garage, I looked in the workshop...NOTHING!


Needless to say after looking at an unorganized mass of 'stuff' like this for an hour...I lost it, not the drill, my cool.If there was any illusion that I was Mr. Easy-going never break a sweat dude, that went out the window with my first blue streak of verbal venting. Fillmore will have to wait, I have some housecleaning to do.
Now come on, tell the truth....a pile of paper bags full of surprises or a hardware box that looks like this?....
A couple of utility shelves that I picked up around Christmas time....
And.....TA DAAAAA!
OK now I feel better....thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...