Saturday, May 21, 2011

"The best laid schemes of mice and men Go often askew"

Aye laddie 'tis true! The words of the great late Robbie Burns ring strong and clear these days.
It is rounding the corner to the latter half of May, the good news is that this means Grey Owl is right around the corner. The bad news is...Where does the time go?
As I think of Grey Owl, I remember a conversation with the great grand sandbagger Knobby Fred, where he asked "what is your timeline with the bus?"
I responded reflectively "Well there is no timeline, that is the beauty of it. It is a project, a hobby, a passion." I then paused for dramatic effect..." but I want to have it road worthy for next Grey Owl."
"Not finished!" I said with a slight defensive tone " but drivable."
Ahhh Mr. Burns....you knew so much.

For some time now there has been very little bus activity, but yesterday I did manage a few hours when Michelle took the kids in to get sheered....uhh "hair cuts"
 I started to do a little more clean up on the frame under the last panel. Randy had already done the lions share but I wanted to do a little more....ya I know OCD.

 Just me CBC and the shop vac...life sucks.(sorry couldn't help myself)

Soon enough Fillmore's ribs were picked to the bone and ready for my favorite wonder paint POR-15
And this is where the "plough passed"
Jeff and I have been spending a lot of time together working on his project. Last weekend we made a road trip to Manitoba. Where amongst other things we got an old snowmobile and a quad from my parents and my brother. The plan is to salvage parts for "The Snowenator" which is still the plan for the ski-doo but by the time we had gotten to Swift Current Jeff was in love with the 1984 Honda TRX 200. It had been granted the last minute pardon by the Governor and was now scheduled for rehabilitation so it could be an active member of the community.
When he returned from his hair cut, the focus shifted from Fillmore to Big Red...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...