Sunday, October 23, 2011

Nothing better, nothing worse

There are some things in life you never tire of. The sound of a distant lawnmower and the smell of fresh cut grass, my wife's hamburger soup and fresh made biscuits, and the uplifting brightness of the rising sun. I tell ya, Saturday morning(after I waited for the frost to ease) I walked into the bus shelter with a cup of dark hot joe, and was greeted with the morning sun.... now there is something that puts a smile on my face.
I had a bazillion things on my to do list today. Some of them I managed a picture, others I thought of the picture. The two biggest things I wanted to accomplish is prepping the bumper rails, and moving the electrical. The bumper rails, I had thought, were all ready to go....but I was mistaken. Apparently I had previously prepped all but one and a half of them. One rail needed to be painted inside and out, the other just the outside. ....good, done like dinner, but no picture....sorry.
The second project was the re-routing of the electrical. I could bore you to death with the reasons why but sufficed to say I decided to move them....so off I went.

At one point I had to laugh, I was looked around for a tool but I'll be damned if I could find them. Tin snips! I can see them as plain as day in the photo, but for the life of me I couldn't see them. The reason I laughed is I knew I had just used them. I don't mean I remember when I used them last....I mean I used them, put them down and immediately lost them. At work I have two extremely organized and sharp co workers who keep me running fast and efficient. I think that is my problem, sometimes I put stuff down and subconsciously think that when I need it it will magically appear. The problem is my magicians help me chair side at the office, they haven't ventured to helping me bus side.
So, I take a minute every now and then to clean and organize. It's surprising when I put away the things that I am done with, how spacious the work area becomes!
This morning brought a little surprise....a little to low of a drop of the mercury. Now we have some white stuff. It was inevitable, it is the end of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...